Before editing this article, please check the blog post.
- The series centers on 12-year-old Reggie, whose desire to remain a child is so powerful it creates an entrance to a fantasy world in which she never has to grow up. She’s joined by her friends Todd and Esther, who visit this amazing world to live out their superhero fantasies and escape the responsibilities of impending adulthood.
- Kelsy Abbott as Reggie, Flaps, Wade, Kathy, Flowery Woman, Billy Canyon, Tammy, Dr. Tenders, Swimple Jan, Plates, Mike, Omelet, Winged Mouse
- Matt Berry as Butt Witch
- Bridget Everett as Judy
- Jaylen Barron as Esther, Pretty Please, Tater Tot, Gorbis, Darla, Tori, Mermaid Johnson
- Antony Del Rio as Todd, Chairold, Garrett, Sherbert
- Kate Freund as Donna
- Wade Randolph as Borbo, Dr. Champion, Mr. Christopherson, Label Maker Monster, Lump, Uncle Paul, AJ, Bobby
- Noel Fielding as Guy Pleasant
- Brandon Wardell as Dustin
- Steve Agee as Big Deal, Mack, Beefhouse, Galaxander, Hunk, Brown Roger, Monster Brown Roger
- Laura Zak as Mrs. Krandle, Explorer Sally, Tanopy, Pancake, Rooty, Lorbis, Queen Limerick
- Spencer Rothbell as Colin, Swimple Dan, Tasty Troy, Pitui-Terry, Squad Bro, Rance, Big Ol' Gordon, Jacques Board, Shaun
- Nick Sumida as Bags of Marbles, Beth, Chewing Gum Stanley, Señor Corduroy
- Daniel Amerman as Aaron
- Sam Brown as Manny, Schmaaron
- Kate Freund as Donna
- John Eric Bentley as Mr. Kapusinski
- Ron Funches as Manguin
- Brittney Ashley as Kendra, Leslie
- Amy Sedaris as Sadmantha
- Maximus Riegal as Ogden
- Stephanie Beatriz as Conelly
- Ashley Boettcher as Gwen
- Reese Hartwig as Shane (Pilot Only)
- Jorge Diaz as Tristan (Pilot Only)
The series pilot was originally made for Cartoon Network and was released in May 2015 before the series was moved to Netflix in December 2017, when it was announced that the series would premiere as a Netflix exclusive. The first season was released to Netflix on July 29, 2019, consisting of twenty-five episodes.
- Some characters from the pilot, such as Shane and Tristan, are currently not included in the series.
- In the pilot, Reggie's world was originally named "Party Island" before it was renamed "Endless Island" in the final version of the series.
- The original music from the pilot was used in the very first episode.
- Before Twelve Forever, Puny Entertainment has also produced a lot of other animation and video games for Cartoon Network on their other original shows. As well as producing animation on Yo gabba! Gabba! for Nickelodeon and Nick Jr.
- So far into the series, Todd's last name is unknown.
- The series was originally rated TV-Y7-FV by Cartoon Network. However, when the series was moved over to Netflix, it was rerated to TV-Y7.
- Every episode ends with the word "Forever".
- This is the first kid-friendly Netflix show to have LGBTQ+.
- Petosky, Shadi [@shadipetosky] (September 18, 2019). "Our Netflix show Twelve Forever has a canon queer pre-teen main character. I am bummed we don't have future seasons to explore it, but we did it, and it's possible" (Tweet). Archived from the original on September 18, 2019. Twitter.
- Womack, Lacey (May 3, 2020). 10 Shows To Watch If You Miss Steven Universe. ScreenRant. Archived from the original on May 13, 2020.
- Womack, Lacey (April 8, 2020). 10 Animated Series That All Ages Can Appreciate. ScreenRant. Archived from the original on April 17, 2020.
- Baron, Reuben (April 2, 2019). 20 Netflix Originals Coming 2019 We Can't Wait For (And 10 That Look Awful). ScreenRant. Archived from the original on April 3, 2019.
- Flook, Ray (December 7, 2017). Twelve Forever: Netflix Nabs Julia Vickerman Animated Series for 2019. Bleeding Cool. Archived from the original on May 27, 2020.
- Flores, Terry (December 1, 2017). Netflix Picks Up New Animated Series 'Twelve Forever' for 2019. Variety. Variety Media, LLC. Archived from the original on March 2, 2020.
- Milligan, Mercedes (December 3, 2017). Netflix Orders 'Twelve Forever' Series from 'Powerpuff,' 'Clarence' Vet. Animation Magazine. Animation Magazine Inc.. Archived from the original on April 27, 2019.